작성일 : 24-03-16 11:12
2024년3월10일 English sermon "Young Man Fleeing Away Without Garment" Mark's Gospel 14:43-52
 글쓴이 : 최고관리자
조회 : 40  
Sermon English Text  AKFPC /  March 10, 2024    Rev. Yongjin Park

“Young Man Fleeing Away without Garment” (Mark’s Gospel 14:43-52)

May the grace and love of God is upon you who is listening God’s voice today in this worship.

NVIDIA company is rising one recently as Bill Gate or Elon Musk due to Artificial Intelligence. It will be one of best global company because AI will be basic element of all products as gold for future industries.

One of AI product is translation product. AI began to support translation program on all languages. Due to this kind of transition, language majors of colleges are gradually disappearing now. To English, French, German, China, Japan majors students are not applying more. And these language base classes are closing fast.

Instead, they are going to combine as Europe language or Asia language, Arab language while some are trying to open language business or language technology.

Higher education will be changed gradually toward practical or field centered research so that they will be adjusted better preparation for future need.

Today Bible introduces a story on a man fled with fear but grew later matured.

Let us read together Mark's Gospel 14:48-52,

"Am I leading a rebellion,” said Jesus, “that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me?

Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did arrest me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.” Then everyone deserted him and fled. A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, He fled naked, leaving his garment behind."

This record is only in Mark's Gospel. This man might be Mark himself. Mark's Upper Room for Pentecostal event was in his house. He was son of her mother who believed in Jesus and served with steadfast heart at Jerusalem. His mother was rich person there. His uncle was Barnabas.

Whenever Jesus visited Jerusalem with his disciples Mark's mother invited them with accommodation and food. Mark could see whatever happened around Jesus Christ from young age.

He had blessed environment to see Jesus and many believers at his house. But he had weakness due to he was son of rich house. He could not endure difficulties.

When Jesus arrested at the night one group might come to Mark's house while the other one came to Gethsemanes for catching Jesus.

Mark knew Jesus was risk then so he woke up and wear linen garment fast to report this to Jesus at Gethsemane. But Jesus already was caught by men from Jew leaders. He followed Jesus secretly but men found him and seized him. He fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

The linen garment was expensive clothes that rich people had. That was evidence of the man was Mark who was child of rich house.

This became a shameful memory for Mark.

Later Jesus Christ has risen and Holy Spirit has come to His followers so that churches appeared to this world. Mark was key person to watch these all process in his house. He naturally became important witness on Jesus and church.

Barnabas and Paul brought Mark to travel of mission due to he was niece of Barnabas and good potentiality as worker of Lord. But due to his weakness he could not endure difficulties on the way to mission trip. He left there leaving Barnabas and Paul to his home.

When Barnabas and Paul planed 2nd mission trip, they argued and separated because of Mark' joining. Paul went to West with Silas while Barnabas went East with Mark. The reason of separating was Mark and his unstable commitment.

Acts 15:37-40 says,

"Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them. But Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in the work. They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus. But Paul chose Silas and left, commanded by the brothers to the grace of the Lord."

Mark was weak person who fled before risk well. But he stayed around servants of the Lord. And he listened and saw them and their sacrifice for the Lord.

He had grown up later as good servant of the Lord after some failures. He had good opportunities to understand Jesus teaching and Holy Spirit working.

Brothers and sisters in the Lord.

He had written great record on Jesus Christ that spread strongly within his generation. The Mark's gospel was the first book of recording on Jesus. Through his book multiple people came back to the Lord Jesus Christ. He knew effective tool to persuade heart of people. And he became great leader of church them and trusted servant of church inheriting Paul and Barnabas.

He started a son of rich house with weakness but completed mature leader of early church as great witness on Jesus and his life.

Timothy 4:9-11 says,

"Do you best to come to me quickly, for Damas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica, Crescens had gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with
you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry."

Paul who was against Mark became to trust and love Mark later. He said that Mark was helpful to his ministry.

It was wonderful story between Paul and Mark in Bible.

What did make him be changed as this? It is love to Jesus his Lord and respect to the servant of the Lord in heart of Mark.

After many experiences he became to understand true love and truth in Jesus and His people. He grew up and be matured as servant of God. Let us wait for our children who were not mature now. Even though they still have many weaknesses, they will be great servant of God later when God needs their life.

Don't be disappointed on their present their future will be wonderful in the Lord. Our role is to introduce our God in us to them through our daily life walking with God.

They are the best witnesses, collogues of faith, and servant of future for kingdom of God inheriting us.

Let us bless them with our love and faith. God will use them for future with new methodology in new generation as long as they love God.

Mark 16:20 says,

"Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it."

This is what Mark really wanted to say to everyone.

He testifies God is always with us even though we are in risk at anywhere as long as we trust Him.

Let us not see present but see Almighty God who can make all things possible. 

One boy was trouble maker in the church where his family attended in his young age. But he did not leave there and grew up in faith community. Later he became one of the leaders of them. He confessed "love of God and love of people in church made me grew up and matured well as children of God. Staying there was one of best choice and I am blessed life."

II Thessalonian 3:5 says,

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."

God be with all of you, Amen.

교회비전
교회연혁
교회기관
섬기는 사람들
예배시간
찾아오시는 길
설교
찬양대
특별집회
교회행사
선교행사
어린이부
중고등부
대학청년부
한글학교
경로대학
찬양대
찬양팀
합창단
주일학교찬양대
선교회
선교지
구제부
거리전도대
중보기도팀
교회소식
주보
새가족
구역
제자반
세례반
행사포토
목양칼럼 게시판
교인포토

Address:   10601 Pecan Park Blvd, Austin TX 78750
Tel: 512-339-3538, 512-739-7103   e-mail: akfpc2017@gmail.com

Copyright ⓒ www.akfpc.org Austin Korean First Presbyterian Church All rights reserved.

| 주일1부 예배 오전9:00
주일2부 예배 오전11:00
주일3부 찬양예배 오후1:30
| 주일영어예배 오후12:30
주일학교예배 오전11:00