작성일 : 24-03-16 11:10
2024년3월3일 주일말씀 English sermon "Bitterly Weeping Of Peter" Luke's Gospel 22:54-62
 글쓴이 : 최고관리자
조회 : 50  
Sermon English Text  AKFPC /  March 3, 2024    Rev. Yongjin Park

“Bitterly Weeping Of Peter” (Luke’s Gospel 22:54-62)

May the grace and love of God is upon you who is listening God’s voice today in this worship.

Monster Parents is terminology that began 20 years ago from Japan and started in Korea as well. This means a symptom of parents who supervised on their child as well as their teacher. They threat teachers of their child to protect their child overwhelmingly.

Some teachers experienced mentally pain or disease from various bullying from them. Some of teacher lost their life by extreme choice.

This twisted character of parents comes from complex from their past. They psychologically project their inner image to their child and further to teacher. They seek weak target as their child or teacher to cover their dark past.

Children who grew up under this kind of environment might not be mature so that might be not adjustable with others productively.
A professor of Myungji University, Korea who is a expert mental disease says South Korea is top of suicide rate in OECD nations for 25 years. About 14,000 are yearly. This number is same of death rate of a nation with civil war in Middle East.

Some says that Korea is fighting with them while Arab is fighting with them. When a nation receives the kind of report as top mortality rate, they thrive to recover death rate low so that they lowered soon the rate. But Korea let it be so they still keep the top rate for 25 years.

Mature is important to all people. Without mature we cannot be owner of our real life.

Today Bible introduces an immature person. Apostle Peter is doing by separate body, separate mind.

Let us read together Luke's Gospel 22:58-61,

"A little later someone else saw him and said, “You also one of them.” “Man, I am not!” Peter replied. About an hour later another asserted, “Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is a Galilean.” Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you are talking about!” Jest as he was speaking, the rooter crowed. The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly."

Peter wanted to be top among other disciples. When Lord Jesus said he would be dying, Peter dared to say wanting to die with Lord. But Jesus said he would deny three times before rooster crow tonight.

When Lord Jesus arrested in Gethsemanes, other disciples All fled to save their own life, but only Peter followed them to court of high priest secretly to see Jesus. But suddenly some people recognized him saying "You are with him, you are one of his followers. Peter denied three times to save himself. When he said the third time to deny Jesus, the rooster crowed

Jesus saw Peter in that moment; Peter went out and wept bitterly there.
Peter so loved Lord Jesus but he had not power to protect him and he denied three times to save himself due to fear of death.
He felt miserable himself.

But Peter's bitterly weeping is a symbol of loving Jesus how much he loved Lord in his heart. Brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Everything can start love for maturity. All maturity starts how much we can love.

Loving with regretful mind forms mature life.
In John's Gospel 21, resurrected Lord Jesus came to find His disciples who returned to former life fishing fishes at Sea of Galilee.

They did not catch fishes in the night. Jesus asked them to low their net the right side their boat. When they did according to Jesus they earned too much fishes.

In that Time John recognized he is Jesus, he shout "he is Lord!" When Peter heard that he jumped down on water after wearing the clothes.

After Jesus had breakfast with them he said to Peter "Do you love me more than these?"

John's Gospel 21:15 says,

"When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes Lord, you know that I love you," Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
Lord said to him "do you love me?" three times. And Peter replied that he loves Lord three times.

That moment is the healing point of Peter from failure of his past.
Lord did not ask his past but ask his present. The point is what your present is. Not past but now!

As long as we love Him he doesn't give up us. Our past or failure is not important to the Lord. Lord is asking us how much we love Him now. If we are in love still with Him, that is enough. 

After confirming Peter' steadfast love to the Lord, Jesus gave second chance to do for kingdom of God with new mission.

John's gospel 21:18 says,

"I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go."

Lord said that Peter who lived for himself past will be living for others for future. And Peter became the great leader of churches in Rome era according to Jesus. Peter who seeks admits of people past has been changed to seek admit of God after being mature.

True maturity comes from love and faith given from God. When we are in love and trust of God we can be matured truly.

Let us love Lord and seek the grace from God so that we can be mature to help others and to serve God truly.

Psalm 62:1 says,

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him!"

One old friend asked one question to his friend who has been attending church from young age. How could you have been so long time? The faithful friend said "I love God and believe God loves me as well. Keeping worship of church without missing is my love to God and to church family. This is my best enjoying work!.

Psalm 62:2 says,

"He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

God be with all of you. Amen.

교회비전
교회연혁
교회기관
섬기는 사람들
예배시간
찾아오시는 길
설교
찬양대
특별집회
교회행사
선교행사
어린이부
중고등부
대학청년부
한글학교
경로대학
찬양대
찬양팀
합창단
주일학교찬양대
선교회
선교지
구제부
거리전도대
중보기도팀
교회소식
주보
새가족
구역
제자반
세례반
행사포토
목양칼럼 게시판
교인포토

Address:   10601 Pecan Park Blvd, Austin TX 78750
Tel: 512-339-3538, 512-739-7103   e-mail: akfpc2017@gmail.com

Copyright ⓒ www.akfpc.org Austin Korean First Presbyterian Church All rights reserved.

| 주일1부 예배 오전9:00
주일2부 예배 오전11:00
주일3부 찬양예배 오후1:30
| 주일영어예배 오후12:30
주일학교예배 오전11:00