작성일 : 24-02-29 07:17
2024년2월25일 주일말씀 English sermon "May Your Will Be Done" Matthew's Gospel 26:36-46
 글쓴이 : 최고관리자
조회 : 78  
Sermon English Text  AKFPC /  February 25, 2024    Rev. Yongjin Park

“May Your Will Be Done” (Matthew’s Gospel 26:36-46)

May the grace and love of God is upon you who is listening God’s voice today in this worship.

Lunar lander "Odysseus" unmanned land ship of Intuitive Machines which is a commercial company of space industry at Houston was down surface of the Moon last week after 51 years of Apollo 17 Moon landing on 1972.

The lander now lies on one side on the surface due to unstable surface once landing down. But mission to send information including pictures there is no problem.

The sponsor of this project is "Columbia" clothing company. The logo is on the lander well seen. Few years ago when Russia sent a rocket to space station "Pizza Hut" a Food Company sponsored the project. Their logo was on the rocket. And they tried to send strong beam to the Moon so that people at earth are able to see their logo at the Moon but due to technical limitations they gave up.

AI or space industry whatever entrepreneur need by private or commercial enterprise not government one. In past government led this kind of future industry but now private or commercial one lead these industries.
Something for defeat is not easy. Something for earn is easy. Something to show is not natural. Something to fill is helpful.

Faith has to come from not fill but defeat. 

In today Bible, Jesus Christ was agonized once he prayed at Gethsemanes on his last day of life. He asked his disciples to pray with him 3 more times. And he prayed Father to do not by my will but by your will.

Let us read together Matthew's Gospel 26:42-46,

"He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners." Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”

Jesus Christ went Gethsemanes with his disciples for prayer to Father after last supper. But disciples slept deeply in night.
Only Lord has to pray alone before fear of death. He could not sleep and suffered in the night.

Jesus came to his disciples 3 more times, asking to pray with him due to painful heart. This was the weakest look of the Lord with human body.

Verse 38 says,

“My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

For what did Jesus Christ pray?

He prayed not for resolving but for accepting.

He did not pray for avoiding enemies but for accomplishing the cross before Him. If he wanted to block enemies he would not let his disciples sleep as this. If he wanted to avoid that it was not difficult for him to find other way.

But Jesus Christ just asked them to pray with him. He did not ask them anything more than prayer. The key point of the prayer of the Lord then is to obey will of Father only.

Verse 42 says,

"He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”

Jesus Christ prayed "not by my will but by your will".
Gethsemanes Prayer is the standard of prayer with Lord's Prayer. Not by my will but your will is main point of this Gethsemanes prayer.

Brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Prayer is to ask God for my will and for God's will as well. And the final of all prayer must be completed to obey the will of God always. We need to pray as this "please God make me handle with this difficult matter of my life."

Jonah fled from God to another way. He did not want to obey will of God. His choice of life was already against will of God. He did not go the place where God asked him to go. Instead he did go where he wanted to go. He did not pray due to not wanting to hear voice of God. He covered his ears with no prayer.

But when God put him in the stomach of big fish he began to pray and to open his mind to voice of God. He repent and obeyed will of God so that God sent him where God needed salvation. Servant who prays always will be used by God for purpose of the sovereign Lord.

People who gathered at Mark's upper room waited Holy Spirit according to direction of the Lord. They did not scatter due to fear and threat from world. They kept their thought and mind so that they could obey to stay there. They finally tasted abundant grace there.

Prayer is not just tool of showing our spiritual ability or experience. Prayer is tunnel of tasting grace of God and seeing sovereign God in my life. Prayer is obedience itself!

Lord prayed as not my will but your will be done.

Lord was fear before death but through the prayer at Gethsemanes he could raise on the cross of Calvary for our salvation.

Prayer makes us be good courage to overcome anything fearful, painful, or doubtful so that we are able to accomplish what God want us to do or be.

When we pray we can taste miracles as healing body, restoring business, recovering honor. But the most grace we can earn from prayer is to live with God in prayer. We become the life that God uses for his purpose.

One faithful believer practiced prayer and spiritual life in his life. He said that he has been praying all life. He confessed to receive many answered and responses from God whenever he asked God. But he confessed the best thing was to live with God in prayer then.

Praying every day is blessing itself for us!

Thessalonians 5:15-17 says,

"By joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.”

God be with all of you. Amen.

교회비전
교회연혁
교회기관
섬기는 사람들
예배시간
찾아오시는 길
설교
찬양대
특별집회
교회행사
선교행사
어린이부
중고등부
대학청년부
한글학교
경로대학
찬양대
찬양팀
합창단
주일학교찬양대
선교회
선교지
구제부
거리전도대
중보기도팀
교회소식
주보
새가족
구역
제자반
세례반
행사포토
목양칼럼 게시판
교인포토

Address:   10601 Pecan Park Blvd, Austin TX 78750
Tel: 512-339-3538, 512-739-7103   e-mail: akfpc2017@gmail.com

Copyright ⓒ www.akfpc.org Austin Korean First Presbyterian Church All rights reserved.

| 주일1부 예배 오전9:00
주일2부 예배 오전11:00
주일3부 찬양예배 오후1:30
| 주일영어예배 오후12:30
주일학교예배 오전11:00